Rock 102’s Balise to Bourbon Street Contest! Starting May 5 through May 29, listen weekdays 6am to 7pm, up to twice a day, for the “Balise to Bourbon Street Song of the Day”. In order to find out the song of the day, you will have to “like” Balise Auto on Facebook. Balise Auto will post the song of the day each day on their Facebook fan page at http://www.facebook.com/baliseauto. When the song is played, caller nine at 413-293-1021 will be a qualifier for the grand prize. One qualifier per household. You can only qualify once. Grand Prize is a Trip for 2 to New Orleans from June 27th 2014 to June 29th 2014 including round trip flight on a private jet valued at $870.80, 2 nights hotel at Windsor Court New Orleans valued at $685.18, and $500 spending cash (for a total retail value of $2,055.98). There will be not more than 40 qualifiers chosen. Qualifiers will be invited to the grand prize drawing on May 30th from 5 to 7 pm at the Collegian Court, 89 Park Street in Chicopee. Qualifiers must register and present a government issued photo ID upon arrival to the event. Qualifiers must be present and registered at the Grand Prize Event. Qualifiers not registered with a WAQY staff member by 6:45 pm EDT will be disqualified. Upon registration, each Qualifiers name will be placed in a raffle drum. This will begin a random reverse drawing. A name will be drawn at random by a representative of WAQY from the raffle drum. When a name is read, that finalist will be disqualified from the contest. This process will be repeated until there is one name left in the drum. The person whose name remains in the raffle drum will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner (upon confirmation of eligibility). Decisions of station management are final.
Rock 102 contests are open to all eligible Springfield, MA area residents 18 or older have not won anything on Rock 102 in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
Employees of Rock 102, the Springfield Rocks Radio Group, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., its subsidiaries their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the Rock 102 main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
Full rules are available at Rock102.com, or may be reviewed at the WAQY studios during normal business hours.
These are the rules governing all contests aired on WAQY FM radio and on the Rock102.com website, unless otherwise specified. In the following rules, “WAQY FM” means Saga Communications of New England, LLC, which owns WAQY FM radio:
1. No purchase is necessary to enter any WAQY FM contest.
2. To be eligible to win any prize on WAQY FM you must not have won anything on WAQY FM in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
3. Anytime you call the WAQY FM studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast.
4. As a winner of a WAQY FM contest your voice, name and/or picture may be
used for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes.
5. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. WAQY FM reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
6. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the WAQY FM studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
7. In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), WAQY FM delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as WAQY FM awarding the prize to the winner. WAQY FM shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. WAQY FM shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
8. All WAQY contests are open to all eligible Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont and New Hampshire residents)18 or over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to WAQY that will be presented to WAQY and accepted before the prize is awarded. Employees of WAQY, Springfield Rocks Radio Group, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the WAQY main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
9. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the WAQY studios, 45 Fisher Ave. East Longmeadow, MA 01028, between 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize, which will be specifically stated.
10. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
11. WAQY FM reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
12. WAQY FM, Saga Communications of New England, LLC, its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. WAQY FM, Saga Communications of New England, LLC., its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
13. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, WAQY FM reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of WAQY FM management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
14. WAQY FM reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
15. For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: (413) 526-1021. For texting it is 77000. The person operating the telephone at WAQY FM has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
16. WAQY FM shall have no responsibility for contestant’s inability or failure to participate, failure to win or claim any prize based on malfunction or difficulties with telephone, cell phone, texting, email, or internet access, or any other circumstances in any contest beyond Station’s control.
17. The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on WAQY FM com:
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out correctly and completely or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of WAQY FM
as defined at the exclusive discretion of WAQY FM management.
c. Any problems with the internet or email are not WAQY FM’s responsibility.
d. Contestants who register to participate on our website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
e. Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, contests may not be heard at all. Contests heard on the radio station’s internet audio stream may be slightly delayed from the time the contests are heard on the broadcast station, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all contests heard are delayed. This delay can last for as much as 30 seconds or more. This means that when WAQY FM contests are played that require a specific caller to telephone the radio station (such as “Caller number 9 when you hear the sound effect”), listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air.
18. A copy of these rules are available during business hours at the WAQY FM studios 45 Fisher Ave, East Longmeadow, MA 01028.