These are Contest Rules for Rock 102 & Lazer 99.3’s Jack Our Hog Motorcycle Giveaway. The Grand Prize is a 2014 Harley-Davidson Sportster Iron 833 model XL883N provided by Harley-Davidson of Southampton valued at $8,399 based on Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. No purchase necessary to enter, participate or win. To participate in the contest, March 29, 2014 through 11:59 p.m. on April 24, 2014, one must enter online through Rock102.com or Lazer993.com by clicking on the Jack Our Hog Giveaway link and filling out the registration form. Limit one entry per person. Five (5) Qualifiers unique to each radio station will be chosen in a RANDOM drawing each weekday, from online entries received during the duration of the contest on Rock 102 & Lazer 99.3. Starting on March 31st 2014 through April 25th 2014, names will be called out on the air various times throughout the day weekdays on Rock 102 & Lazer 99.3. Everyone whose name is called automatically qualifies for the Grand Prize Drawing and will be notified by telephone that they have been chosen. Listeners may also enter at Harley Davidson of Southampton on College Highway in Southampton, MA on April 26th 2014 between the hours of 12PM & 3PM by filling out an entry form and dropping it into a registration box. A total of ten (10) additional qualifiers will be chosen at random at approximately 3PM. There will be a total of no more than 250 qualifiers. On 04/26/14, (with a rain date of 4/27/14) there will be Grand Prize Drawing to be held at Harley Davidson of Southampton on College Highway in Southampton from 12:00PM to 4:00PM. Qualifiers must register and present a government issued photo ID upon arrival to the event. Qualifiers must be present and registered at the Grand Prize Event. Qualifiers not registered with a WAQY / WLZX staff member by 3:00 pm EDT will be disqualified. Upon registration, each Qualifiers name will be placed in a raffle drum. A representative of WAQY / WLZX will draw 20 names at random from the raffle drum. These 20 names drawn will be the contest finalists and will be returned to an empty raffle drum. This will begin a random reverse drawing. A name will be drawn at random by a representative of WAQY / WLZX from the raffle drum. When a name is read, that finalist will be disqualified from the contest. This process will be repeated until there is one name left in the drum. The person whose name remains in the raffle drum will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner (upon confirmation of eligibility). Decisions of station management are final. All Qualifiers must attend the Grand Prize Drawing to be eligible to win the Grand Prize. Odds of Qualifying depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of Qualifiers who attend the Grand Prize Drawing. Grand Prize Winner must be present to win. If winner/Qualifier is unable to accept prize, it will be awarded to the 1st runner up. The grand prize winner will be chosen on 4/26/14 by approximately 4PM. Contest is open to any listener 21 years of age or older who has not won any other prize(s) from the radio station in the last thirty days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named. Employees of Rock 102, Lazer 99.3, Springfield Rocks Radio Group, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the Rock 102, Lazer 99.3 main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian. We will make reasonable efforts to award Prizes within 30 days after winning. Full rules are available at Rock102.com and Lazer993.com, or may be reviewed at the WAQY and WLZX studios during normal business hours.
These are the rules governing all contests aired on WAQY and WLZX radio and on the Rock102.com and Lazer993.com website, unless otherwise specified. In the following rules, “WAQY and WLZX” means Saga Communications of New England, LLC, which owns WAQY and WLZX radio:
1. No purchase is necessary to enter any WAQY and WLZX contest.
2. To be eligible to win any prize on WAQY and WLZX you must not have won anything on WAQY and WLZX in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
3. Anytime you call the WAQY and WLZX studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast.
4. As a winner of a WAQY and WLZX contest your voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes.
5. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. WAQY and WLZX reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
6. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the WAQY and WLZX studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
7. In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), WAQY and WLZX delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as WAQY and WLZX awarding the prize to the winner. WAQY and WLZX shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. WAQY and WLZX shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
8. All WAQY and WLZX contests are open to all eligible Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont and New Hampshire residents 18 or over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to WAQY and WLZX that will be presented to WAQY and WLZX and accepted before the prize is awarded. Employees of WAQY and WLZX, Saga Communications of New England, LLC, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the WAQY main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
9. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the WAQY and WLZX studios, 45 Fisher Ave. East Longmeadow, MA 01028, between 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize, which will be specifically stated.
10. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
11. WAQY and WLZX reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
12. WAQY and WLZX, Saga Communications of New England, LLC, its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. WAQY and WLZX, Saga Communications of New England, LLC, its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
13. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, WAQY and WLZX reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of WAQY and WLZX management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
14. WAQY and WLZX reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
15. For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: WAQY – (413) 293-1021, WLZX – 413-526-9932. For texting it is 77000. The person operating the telephone at WAQY has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
16. WAQY and WLZX shall have no responsibility for contestant’s inability or failure to participate, failure to win or claim any prize based on malfunction or difficulties with telephone, cell phone, texting, email, or internet access, or any other circumstances in any contest beyond Station’s control.
17. The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on Rock102.com & Lazer993.com:
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out correctly and completely or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of WAQY and WLZX as defined at the exclusive discretion of WAQY and WLZX management.
c. Any problems with the internet or email are not WAQY and WLZX’s responsibility.
d. Contestants who register to participate on our website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
e. Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, contests may not be heard at all. Contests heard on the radio station’s internet audio stream may be slightly delayed from the time the contests are heard on the broadcast station, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all contests heard are delayed. This delay can last for as much as 30 seconds or more. This means that when WAQY and WLZX contests are played that require a specific caller to telephone the radio station (such as “Caller number 9 when you hear the sound effect”), listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air.
18. A copy of these rules are available during business hours at the WAQY and WLZX studios 45 Fisher Ave. East Longmeadow, MA 01028.